Monday 4 February 2013

DAY 33

So iv not been posting on my blog every day. It's difficult to find time when iv got to fit my training in and spending time with the family.

On Friday, the BM Fitness 3000 February Burpee Challenge started. I did 400 on Friday, 241 on Saturday at thee hardest class I have ever been to in my life and then another 110 on Sunday morning in a very sore bootcamp session. Iv been training consistently for 30 days. Whether its cardio or weights resistance and up until now I have managed to avoid being in extreme pain. Iv been very sore, a lot of the time, but nothing compared to what I felt on Sunday. This was excruciating! 2 days of intense Burpees and my body throws me the middle finger and floors me. I was looking forward to my Sunday bootcamp but when I got there I just couldn't enjoy it because of the pain. My left hamstring was soooo tight. I managed to get through the class but it was a struggle and couldn't put 100% in. Thankfully today I am feeling better. I was going to have a rest day but I was nearly climbing the walls at the prospect of not getting any training in at all so I rattled out a beast of a weights workout just missing out straight leg Deadlifts and KB Swings as to minimise any possible hamstring damage. It was a gr8 session but weird at the same time. 90% of my at home kettlebells or weights workouts revolve around my legs. As Brian has taught me in the past (Work the biggest muscle groups to maximise the fat burn). Im not going to get massive legs but if i work them hard, they are gonna need a lot of fuel to repair, this resulting in maximum calorie burn even when I'm not in the gym! Since I started going to Brian's gym around 4/5 months ago my outlook on training was very limited. By that I mean, I would turn up to the gym, run on the treadmill for 10 mins then go and fire out a bicep and chest workout. Haha! For anyone that went to Brian's seminar on Weights Resistance Training you will now know that I was the guy that Brian was talking about. In fairness, no1 ever told me any different. I would never be advised on a workout plan or any nutritional advice so how was I meant to know? Well now, I don't leave the gym (my spare room) until I have nothing left. I mean walking out, head spinning, feeling the blood pumping through my veins covered in sweat from head to toe! I owe Brian a lot for educating my mind into training the hardest I ever have. I love interval training! You can't get bored, it's impossible!! 40 secs work at 150% with a short rest. Simple, yet hugely effective. I know I always say it, but if you haven't been to any if Brian's classes.....DO IT!! I am currently the lightest and most lean I have been since around 10 years ago when Gemma and I got together.

In the past I have tried all these 'Fool Proof' diets. Set myself a realistic goal and then after 3 or 4 weeks, loss a stone without training and before I know it, we are a month down the line and its back on again. Not this time!!! I feel my body has completely changed. The bit under my stomach (kinda belt line) is solid right round my waist. My shoulders feel solid all round and my back is tight. My man boobs have totally gone. It feels so weird!! My arms are also looking far more toned. Legs feel solid and my head only has one chin! BONUS! I us2 look in the mirror and think, iv got to do something about this and never would. It got so bad that whenever Gemma would touch my stomach I'd go crazy because I was so embarrassed about it. If I had a scalpel, I now feel like I could cut the fat from my stomach and sides and BOOM!!!! Beach body!!!! Hahaha! Not quite but we are getting there!!! Sorry for the huge blog post! That's what it's for though!!

Kettlebells tomorrow! Bring it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment